Diamond Online Casinos » Slot Machines
The majority of a casino’s actions and winnings come from Slot machines. They are simple to use, inexpensive to maintain, and require little attention or player skill (although some people swear that luck is also a gambling "skill").
There are many different machine games. Jackpot size, combinations, symbols, size and number of coins allowed in each machine can vary. Included in these games are the popular video poker games. Modern machines are completely electronic. Symbol combinations come up randomly and machines are pre-programmed to return a certain percent to the players.A slot machine returns between 85 percent and 98 percent, depending on the game, location and usage. The average house advantage is calculated to be about 9 percent. Only play slots at a casino with a 98% Payout Average.
- Recognize the symbols that constitute a jackpot on your machine. All machines are different. Las Vegas attendants say winners routinely walk away from winning machines without waiting for the rest of the payout from attendants. The largest jackpots are all paid by attendants.
- If you're lucky enough to hit an attendant-paid jackpot -- typically $1,200 or more -- do not touch your machine or leave it for even a second. Do not insert more coins or allow anyone to touch it. A attendant must come by to complete the transaction.
- Always play the maximum bet. If a machine will take a bet of five quarters, place the five-quarter bet. This gives you the best odds of winning long-term if you get a good hand.
- If you like to play slots, Always look for a 98% or higher payout with a progressive jackpot.
Hot Tips That Slots Players Need To Know
Are there any sure-fire ways to win at slots? Absolutely. Here are some ways:
- Play the progressives with maximum coins.
- Continue to play only if the machine is hitting at least one out of four spins.
- Stop playing and cash out if you double your bank roll. Example: If you alloted $100.00 ro play slots and you accumulated $200.00 or more in winnings -> CASH OUT!
- Stop playing at a pre-determined limit. Don't get caught up in the "I need to win my money back" mentality.
The above ways doesn't guarantee that you'll become an instant winner, because it's tough to beat a house edge that generally runs well over 10 percent, but it also doesn't have to be so tough on your bankroll. So, let's get started...
- The only true skill to playing slots is machine identification.
Example: Progressive machines offer the opportunity to compare and shop around for the best value. One 25 cent "machine carousel" can have a progressive jackpot of $2,600, and another bank of machines- exactly the same and standing side by side-$1,900. You should always be looking for the best opportunities possible.
- Casinos will advertise machines that have a 98.5 percent payback. WOW! A casino game holding just a percent and a half, and on a machine no less. But there's a down side. If you look closely at the advertisement, it will probably say "on select machines." Furthermore, it probably won't be posted on the machine itself, and it will generally be limited to a single bank of machines in the casino. Now it becomes your responsibility to find them. Easiest way: Ask a employee, and if he or she doesn't know, have one of them ask a direct supervisor.
- Casinos give away millions of dollars in comps each year, and as a player, you deserve your share. Repeat, you deserve your share. How? Casinos now offer you the ability to "comp yourself" by using one of their player's club cards. It's generally based on the number of coins you cycle through a machine, so you might as well get credit for all those quarters you're inserting. Shop casinos for comp value and find out what you're worth to them. If you play online slots, look for a casino that offers the best comp points.
- You always want to treat "comps" as a form of profit, but you never want to gamble just to receive them. It's much better to play a 98 percent payback machine and increase your winning opportunities than play machines with a poor return that cycle more of your coins. Remember, you're there to stay in action and possibly win, not lose your bankroll for a free buffet.
- If you can't afford to play the maximum amount of coins, you shouldn't be playing that denomination of machine. If dollar slots are too rich for your blood, drop down to a quarter machine. It's always better value to play five quarters versus one dollar or five nickels instead of one quarter. The maximum coins always have the best payout value.
- I recommend not playing back the credits you've accumulated. Cash out and take stock. The problem with playing back credits is that the longer you stay, the machines built-in advantage eats away at them. It doesn't take long to zero out. Example: If you have $100.00 bank roll for slots, play the $100.00 and do not allow the machine to play back your credits. Look at it this way, The credits accumulated is your profit, if any.
- Can't decide which type of machine to play? If you're going to choose between video poker and slots, play video poker. Even poor play on a video poker machine will have a better payback than most machines.
- Before you walk away from a machine, don't forget to press the cash-out button. Millions are lost each year by gamblers forgetting their winnings (stored credits).
- You receive full payment when hitting a jackpot. Even with some relatively small jackpots, if the machine is short coins in the hopper, you'll receive only a partial cash payment in the tray, with the balance to be paid by a attendant. If you were to insert more coins and pull the handle, say bye-bye to the remainder of your jackpot.
- Read all the posted material on a machine. It is your responsibility to fully understand all printed information concerning the number of coins to insert, lines needed to be lit, prizes or awards. In most cases, when someone calls a attendant over and complains the machine "just ripped me off," that individual generally didn't read the pay schedule correctly.
- When you insert coins, don't assume all the tokens register before you pull the handle. Played five but only four recorded? Sorry. You'll get a sympathetic pat on the back from the casino, but no money.
- Avoid machines that use video representations of symbols. With these slots, there is absolutely no way to figure out what the payoff percentage of that machine is.
- Most casinos will hold a machine for you while you go to the restroom, take a short break or even go on a buffet run. Just ask a supervisor to reserve your machine and give a specific time when you'll return.
- Don't chain yourself to a cold machine, even if it's your favorite. Why? Because the longer you stay on any machine, the more time the machine's built- in mathematical advantage has to work you over. This is how casinos build mega-resorts, time always working on their side and a mathematical edge on each and every machine.
- Even though you're only playing slots, you still need to set a loss limit on your bankroll for both your trip and each individual gaming session. Divy up your wad per playing session, discipline yourself and stick to it.
- When searching for high payback machines, ask a few employees where the local players find the best value. Simply put, locals don't play dog machines.
- Leave both your credit and bank teller cards at home so you will not be tempted with the easy convenience of getting cash. Only bet what you can afford to lose.
Good Luck with the best online slot machines!